Friday, November 5, 2010

I Need YOUR Help!

Good Afternoon Nomads!

A fellow Lucky Alpha Shopper entered the fabulous Sunglass Hut Blogger Competition that I missed when James was in the hospital (it wasn't mean to be!) - and since I loved her very personable video, I used my one vote for hers!  Please vote for Charity HERE!  And her blog: What is Charity Wearing?.  Thanks in advance, Nomads!

Here's todays post for the Lucky Alpha Shoppers Blog and where I also need your styling help...  (See original HERE.)
[Hmph!  I will not be wearing those tights again - what a weird thing they do to my legs!]

Dress: "Keyhole Dress" made-up of 90% Organic Pima Cotton blended with 10% Lycra® and is from http://www.restoreclothing.com (Full Disclosure: I work for RESTORE™Clothing and exchanged hours worked for this dress)...it was COMPLETELY worth it...really comfortable and socially responsible.

Socks: Happy Socks - so much fun and just the right pop of color for an otherwise dark outfit.

Shoes: Timberland (after Lucky and Timberland sent us [Alpha Shoppers] the first pair, I went to the NYC Soho event and purchased these beauties!  The color is much more versatile than I realized.  I'm totally impressed with Timberland's new direction!

Any styling suggestions?  I'm a Fashion Design Student, but as you can tell, my styling isn't where I want it to be yet.  I love to have fun with clothes and color, but I don't think I know my own body well enough yet, thoughts?

~ End of Lucky Post ~

Here's another idea: head wrap when you oversleep?
I'm sure this isn't a new idea!  But, it was the first time I've ever done it.  Ironically, I got more compliments the day I wore this "panicked-I-can't-be-late-for-class-what-happened-to-my-darn-alarm?!" look than I ever have while at school.  And I have to admit, it feels good to get a compliment from Fashion Design and Marketing students at Parsons!  Thanks peers!

Happy Friday!

Yours truly,
Alex

No comments: