Monday, July 4, 2011

Fruit is in! (+ Michaels Coupon!)

Hehe, I thought I'd have a little fun with this one.  (Thanks again Lucky Magazine & Michaels for the project.)  I started off with this inspiration:
So, Lucky Magazine sent the Alpha Shoppers to Michael's armed with $50.00 gift cards and the task of making our own trendy Summer 2011 piece.  I'm stuck on the fruit love I've been seeing all over and loved the idea of a "P.S. I Made This" type of approach.  I just need to get my good camera up and running (so rest assured that I will have better photos up shortly, along with a styled outfit).  For now, process:
 1: Strand of green apple beads and a few fruit charms (actually buttons) hanging down.
 2. Need more, so I added more green apple beads with gold wire.  The idea of these fruit things seems to be EXCESS, so I thought it needed even more:
3. The current final piece.  I agree, the image is terrible.  I will work on that with my better camera.  But I think it needs a touch more too (and maybe some cherry earrings).  That being said, I needed to get it posted, because of the great deal Michaels and Lucky want me to share with all of you!

Happy making!
<3 A.

No comments: