Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Inspired by...

I can never resist finding new artists and seeing new techniques.  Interestingly enough, both artists I wanted to write about today are using "vintage" techniques, yet it seems so modern!  Carving in miniature, peyote bead weaving with pencils...what else is out there that I am missing?!

The first three photos are all work (and the artist himself) by Dalton Ghetti.  Middle photo courtesy of Carl David LaBianca for The New York Times (ARTICLE HERE).  Other two photos courtesy of Google Image Search (I hope that is enough - I don't remember where I got them from now, but thank you - I will be happy to post photo credits if you contact me!)

The last photo is pencil peyote beading by Jennifer Meastre.  A M A Z I N G!

And actually, I found all of this work by attending an evening of awesomeness at the New Britain Museum of American Art (certainly one of my favorites that I've been going to since I was a little kid).  WEBSITE HERE - this exhibit HERE through August 29, 2010 - enjoy!
Jennifer Maestre CLICK ME

They certainly are related and get me in the mood to craft!!!

Happy Inspiration Hunting!
<3 Alex

No comments: