Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sloshed and Horny

Isn't it amazing how sex sells?  A little creative title and I've got more readers.  

I'm slightly embarrassed by my last post.  0 comments.  No big surprise, I guess - who reads this anyhow?  And my mother and a friend of mine responded on facebook - but that's only 2 people...maybe I don't have any talents?

HAHA - oh, that's sad.  Good thing I don't buy that for one second.  I'm sure no one is following my blog specifically for the same reason that I am currently reading Robin Roffer's book (Make a Name for Yourself) that I posted about here.  --> I am not a brand and this blog is too "all over the place."  More specifically, I don't have a target audience other than myself and that is a TERRIBLE idea for a brand!  Especially since I can't ever make up my own mind.  Maybe I should start by renaming it so that it doesn't say "Dear Diary" at the top.  But who do I want to read this?  Future customers?  Future friends?  Future colleagues?

I have lots of thinking to do.  For now I'll let you in on a few secrets:
1. I SUCK at P90X so far.  First of all, I certainly haven't done it everyday.  And second, what was that this morning?  I barely got through Legs & Back and AB Ripper X was hilarious this morning.  I actually did the most of it that I've ever done, but that scissors one kills me every time!  I laughed out loud and my cats just stared - as usual.
2. I'm at a total loss as to my foremost talent, how to brand myself, who my target audience is, what I want to market, and now wondering..."who am I?"  !!!  These books are doing more to me than I know!
3. Reading self-help books helps your marriage too.  I cleaned and organized the house, cooked, baked, groomed the boys, and did loads of laundry.  He was amazed!  (It helps to have a weekend at home, as well - it has certainly been awhile!)
4. Being an adult and acting as if you know what path you are on in life is hard work.  At least I know everyone else is doing it too.

That's all this morning - I'm happy you're still reading!  If you have a blog, leave a note in the comments with a link - let's see 'em!

Yours truly,
Alex

PS: I wish I could grow his moustache to look like Yosemite Sam.

1 comment:

Alex Whatton said...

(I've also got plenty more twitter followers - haha - you should see the names of these people! That's what I get for naming this post "Sloshed and Horny!")

Yours truly,
Alex