Monday, December 6, 2010

Back to Winter - Lands End Canvas Coat!

Again, I have to thank Lucky Magazine here.  I was just talking to my husband about how we both need winter coats.  You see, we both have recycled poly (they're made from plastic bottles!) Nau raincoats (unlined, which makes them great in late Spring or early Fall...or with layers), and our respective snowboarding and ski jackets, but smart, fashionable, winter jackets - we have not.  Poor hubby then, when I should receive an email just one day later from Lucky telling us that Lands End Canvas is giving us $100.00 to play on their website with.  Wow!  What great timing!
The second I clicked through to the Outerwear page I knew what I was buying.  I was certainly willing to pay $140.00 for a water resistant, down-filled, (and cute), winter jacket in show-stopping coral orange!  But to only have to spend $40.00 of my own hard-earned (and highly limited) cash?  SOLD!
But here's the best part - this jacket is WAY more than it says it is!  I thought that I would zip off that faux fur immediately, but to be honest that bright orange (it's is bright!) needs a little brown and it is kind of fun!  There are three internal pockets, two patch pockets with separate hand-warming pockets on the side (via zip - that was an AMAZING find), two-way front zippers (stay warm while driving without pulling at the seams), buttons below the zip in the front if it's really breezy, buttons in the back if you want to run through a snow-filled field, and fleece at the wrists to stop the wind from going straight-up your sleeves. Did I mention the hood zips off if you don't want it?  But in the NYC chill - I need it!

Thank you Lands End Canvas and Lucky (once again!).  What a great find and a beautiful new addition to my winter wardrobe.  I might actually be sad to put this one away in the Spring...

Happy, sweet, wonderfully stylish warmth.

Yours truly,
Alex

PS: Happy Finals to my fellow Parsons students!  TWO MORE WEEKS!  (Then hopefully I'll look decent enough to take photos in my new jacket...)

No comments: