Thursday, August 7, 2014

Suckling Style : a New Adventure in Breastfeeding + Fashion

I'm going to keep this simple : I'm in the midst of trying to keep my style message (+ branding) clear, but also having fun...so I'm changing Gyspy Theories (because I can, because it's the perfect name to continue evolving, constantly), and here we go down the rabbit hole!

Suckling Style is about finding great fashion to successfully (and hopefully easily) breastfeed our children in.  I'm in the midst of starting my breastfeeding relationship with my second child (he's three weeks old), and I'm sick of looking like a tired, breastfeeding mother in pajamas, with clips on her bras and shirts.  Let's see if we can conquer and fix this issue together!

I've started a Pinterest Board; "Suckling Style" to collect ideas.  So here's a few inspiration images that I pinned first:

Wrap Top
A wrap-styled top: just wear over your favorite nursing tank.
 (Pinned from ShopHeist.com)

Wrap Dress
Nearly any wrap dress works (just try it on to make sure you can get your nipple fully in to baby's mouth without any fabric getting in the way. This usually means you'll need to wear some sort of nursing tank / bra underneath, but sometimes with dark patterned tops, you can get away without one. (Of course, you may need nursing pads anyway, in which case you will have to wear a tank or bra!)
(Pinned from WhoWhatWear.com)

Button-up / Button-down
And another go-to, especially if you don't mind undoing a few buttons each time, is a button-up (or is it button-down?) shirt over a nursing tank / bra.  I also have a soft spot for chambray.
(Pinned from Madewell.com)

I'm so thrilled to get this started!  Here's to hoping this journey is fun and maybe helps a few Moms out (and especially, myself - I certainly need some style inspiration each day!).

Love, Alex

No comments: