Thursday, September 25, 2008

Finding Hero's

I've been doing a little soul-searching lately, as I try out some new careers through temping and try to make sure I have some strong female role models to lead the way. My list, so far, is short but truly inspiring to me:
1. My mother
2. Jane Goodall
2. Diane von Furstenberg

And although I discovered her work at the beginning of 2008, Unconventionalida's K*Smith has been a wonderful artist to look-up to. Her amazing and unique woodwork always strikes me as fanciful. I wish I could own every piece. For now, I own Blueberry and Lemon originals and they sit directly above my art studio desk. I hope to find my own way of expressing myself that is as fabulous and just as personal as hers.

For now, I also am modeling on the side - how fun?! Some times dreams do come true.

No comments: