Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Day in the Life

'Afternoon Nomads!

Wow, I did not realize it was going to be that type of day!  Sick (though, that might have been my own fault from lack of sleep due to one amazing, worth-it project), no hot water, and a gas leak.  The last one means that they are ripping-up the street in front of my home - nice.

Ah, well, life goes on.  I've had a lot of exciting things happening in the last few weeks - so I have a lot to update you on!  I did start working at RESTORE  Clothing and helped Anthony Lilore and Brigitte Schwenner to make this amazing newspaper coat that showed last Tuesday:
More about the experience in my blog post for RESTORE  Clothing here --> Responsiblog.  And more photos on our FACEBOOK page.  All is going well there and I am thrilled they found me!

I've also been keeping extremely busy with homework of course, and have posted some new photos on FLICKR.  Here's some of my first contour drawings - I love that I'm starting to stylize and find proportions even this early on!
And here's a sneak peak of the huge project that Jessica Hurwit, Kyle Pasciutti and I got to work on this past weekend:
Yup, that's literally all I can show you right now!  But it's on a world famous TV show and the three of us (now "Three Tiers" --> a bit of a hint) had an absolute blast.  It will air in late Autumn/early Winter and I'll certainly post about it then!  (One more hint - the hosts have killer shoes!)

And speaking of shoes - and the only thing that has truly made my day better so far - is this fantastic pair of Timberland boots that Lucky and Timberland just sent me:
When I started writing this post, I was actually slightly depressed.  Then, halfway through, UPS rang the doorbell and these beauties showed-up!  I love that they are somewhat steampunk, yet rugged, really well-made and super comfortable.  I can't wait to go through my closet and find just the right outfits for them!  Also, how great is this labeling?!  (Perfect to discuss at my EcoFashion Class at Parsons on Thursday.)
That's what I'm talking about.  AND they have teamed-up to give YOU a discount!  Save $20.00 off any purchase of $125.00 or more at Timberland Stores and ONLINE through October 12, 2010.  Thank you Lucky and Timberland!

Happy thoughts!

Yours truly,
Alex

1 comment:

Brigitte Schwenner said...

Hi Alex, I really liked to work with you and I hope that there will be much more in the future.
Thanks!!
Brigitte