Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Dock Dreams


Ciao Nomads!

I am taking a class on Color Theory at Parsons this Fall and I just had to write a description about a color memory.  I wanted to share it with you, so here it is:

One of my favorite places in the world is Lake Sunapee, NH. I have gone there every summer since I was about five years old and have only missed two years! It means a lot to me because my "Framily" spends one whole week together there every year. (Friends that feel like chosen Family = framily.)

One week every year I get to lie on the dock and watch the sun rise and set. I watch Framily come and go via boat (the house is on an island) with Philippino bayongs filled with food and drinks that have traveled from CT, MA, NH, NJ, NY, VT, and Toronto. We hug, we kiss, and we catch-up with each others lives for the past year. We practice Slow Food around a large round table with a massive lazy susan, no TV, no Computers (unless it's for homework), kayaking, sailing, windsurfing, swimming, art and more. We learn new things or re-learn things we have forgotten and we tell terrible jokes when we've had too much to drink. I guess it's clear that I could go on and on, and I apologize if I have done. For me, this place is only part of the sum of my experiences. But it is nearly the first I think of whenever I'm asked and I can see it creeping in to my design life.  When I dream, I tend to use worn leathers, natural neutrals (think Camel, Sand, and Sky Blue), and pops of sunset and sunrise colors in all of my designs.  I'm excited to see what happens

Yours Truly,
Alex

No comments: