Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Spring Semester at Parsons has Begun!

Ciao Nomads!

It's my final semester at Parsons (at least as a student) and I've got so many emotions that I kind of don't know what to say!  But I am never without words...

I am already a few hundred dollars in this semester and I've only attended 5 classes...4 more to go!  It's going to be crazy taking 9 but I know I can handle it after the craziness that was last semester.  And at least I don't have a job this semester (well, my freelance work still continues - ha!), which means that I committed myself to an internship for Fashion Week and I am THRILLED to get the chance to work with the Peter Som team.  Not sure if I will just be working Peter Som, just Tommy Hilfiger - womenswear, or both, but I am excited for whatever experience I can get with such a talented team.

Also, anyone know what this "Parsons Festival" is that is changing the format of our finals this semester?  When is the Parsons Graduation in May 2011?

I will leave you with this - which I am sure will be posted on every fashion-loving blog in the neighborhood.  Enjoy:
Bravo Riccardo Tisci, bravo!

Happy Dreams!

Yours truly,
Alex

PS: If you really want to know, here are my Spring 2011 Classes (& Instructors):
Construction 3 (Joyce Scrima),
Fashion Portfolio (Nina Daryanani),
Fashion Technical Drawing (Dusty Hope),
Fashion Techniques: Knits (Luz Pascal),
Fashion Textile Survey (Tiffany Webber),
Merchandising Workshop/Under Armour Competition (James Mendolia),
Process & Skills (Elodie Blanchard-Moritz),
Shoe Design - BFA (Howard Davis) and
Tailoring (Tommaso Proscia).

No comments: