Friday, February 11, 2011

Peter Som Fall/Winter 2011

Hi Nomads!

My week-long internship came to a sad end this afternoon at Peter Som!  I was lucky enough to dress the beautiful Tao Okamoto in the following two looks:
&
(Images courtesy of Style.com -- we weren't allowed to bring our camera's back, sorry guys!)

After looking at these designs up close for the past two weeks, I have fallen in love with Peter Som's designs.  I already told you what a strong, organized, and creative team they have there but the designs are what will keep them going for years and years.  It helps that Peter is a big part of the process and seems like a very kind person, I felt honored to meet him and the rest of the design team.  I've also never been treated so well as an intern in that they were kind and always asked "are you alright?"  Very sweet. That level of optimism and passion shows in the design as well and I LOVED the shoes (way to go Charlotte Olympia & PS!) and the color they brought to each outfit.  The statement fur coats will definitely be a huge hit (especially by some Chanel fans).  The baseball/fur coat is incredible.  The silk shirts that are under a lot of the looks are unbelievably soft and beautiful with crisp detailed structure and the unique sweaters they made are just stunning.  My favorite though?  Definitely the parkas:
And Lydia Carron was such a doll - so sweet but sure of herself.  I really had a blast when she was a fit model last weekend.  This coat was another brilliant design (check out that collar!) and she, of course, wore it best!
Don't you agree?!

Well, I hope you have enjoyed my mini presentation.  I know I'm biased, but I think it's genius.

Happy happy happy day.

Yours truly,
Alex

PS: Big thanks to the super-fast Style.com yet again for their images!

No comments: