Friday, March 28, 2008

Bleached Bugs and Casting Calls




Continuing with the bleach theme - yes, the Dragonfly painting above was made using bleach - I just had to put a photograph of this amazing work up here. Personally, I do not know how she does it, but artist Deborah Gwinn's catch phrase says it all: "I'm an artist and a clean freak . . . painting with bleach was a natural progression." (I just love that!) This particular piece is a print, but she also has originals as well as amazing necklaces. I'm coveting this one. (And of course, a link to her blog.)


On another note: I have been reading through everything on Crafting a Green World since I found it yesterday, and I came across this casting call. You must be under the age of 28 to apply - read the full rules here. Imagine having your own DIY show? I know that a ton of you, especially my fellow Etsyians, are up to the challenge! I know that I might try my hand at it!
Good luck!

No comments: