Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Cibo Cibo Cipolle!

Above I have been taking photographs of my progress thus far with my oil onions. I am not thrilled with my painting, but I am planning a few changes that will hopefully make it much better. The first image is the still life that we are painting from (I placed the photo on my 8x10" canvas). The second image is my pencil sketch of the angle I want (I used a view-finder). The third image is the acrylic underpainting (we used complimentary colors). And the last image has the oil values for the pitcher, onions, and partial tablecloth...it needs a lot of work, but I love seeing how a painting progresses! (You should see everyone elses, below!)

<-- Here are their acrylic underpaintings. And here are their oil values. -->

(Click the photo for a larger view. The top shelf has acrylic paintings from other Artsplace classes.)


I just love everyones' work - we all have such different styles! I hope to post a better photo of my own onions tomorrow, in the meantime - get creative!

2 comments:

Fru said...

those are great cipolle!

Hazy Mike said...

You were right on you comment at my blog saying that my painting reminded your onions. I can see some resemblances between them. Really liked your work and I'm looking forward to see some more.

Cheers