Saturday, March 8, 2008

Stolen Coat

Well, my coat was stolen from the New Britain Museum of American Art last night and I am so bummed.

But, in keeping this blog and my life POSITIVE, I started researching dress forms so that I could make my own (and a life lesson learned: do not check your coat when there isn't someone there to watch it). Etsy to the rescue again! They tell you how to make your very own dress form using things like a t-shirt, duck-tape and polyfil! CHECK IT OUT!

Not to mention - sorry Etsy, I'll always be loyal, I promise - I found another cool website for a place called the Make Workshop! They have classes for crafters like me (and possibly you) in Manhattan and it is DEFINITELY worth a look! So now that I am in a good mood again, I think I'll be off for some crafting and "arting(?)!"

Hopefully my coat mishap was just that; a mistake, and it is returned soon so that I can have my Italian love back! But in the meantime, I'll be adding a list of the most useful websites for crafters (that I visit often), a list of recommended art books, and links to my wishlists for my own use (I can't figure out where to keep them so that I remember them all!) Sorry for any product names (I hate to commercialize), but they are my favorites and hey, I've got to clean my face, too!

Joyous world - thank-you for backfiring me in to my smiling place.

1 comment:

kathijane said...

Hope you'll post a photo of your dress form when done. And sorry about your coat!