Friday, March 7, 2008

Champagne Chair

I have been feeling quite creative lately and after some champagne I made this little chair! Isn’t it fun?! (Sorry for the dust!)

Zazzle has gotten my creative juices flowing as well with their new products (skinny business “profile” cards) - I just wish that they used more recycled and sustainable blanks...but to be fair, their magnets use recycled paper and they do offer edun-live organic cotton, sustainable t-shirts. Oh! And I will be posting my Flickr photos up for sale on Etsy today...exciting!

My last Beginner Drawing art class at Artsplace is tomorrow and I’m really going to miss my kids. They just cannot believe the art that they can create!

I am also headed to the New Britain Museum of American Art tonight for a show and skiing on Sunday – so it is another jam-packed weekend in the Whatton household.

An old friend messaged me on facebook and it has sparked a long "pen-pal-esque" conversation about traveling in Spain, Israel, and Italy were we have both studied abroad (her at the first two, and myself in Florence) – the intense memories that smells and touch spark both amazes and amuses me. I can remember the cool feel of the marble on my feet in our apartment and the uneven cobblestone in the streets. I mastered ordering gelato from Antonio in Italian and I went to YAB to dance every night. (I admit, I was in the best shape of my life!) Oh the smell of the San Lorenzo Market; leather, bell peppers, prosciutto, sweat – it brings me right back just thinking about it. I wish the dollar wasn’t so pathetic!

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

UniqueNurseGranny said...

Love your way with words,I just ordered some skinny cards yesterday..